FIVE WAYS WITH DUNGAREES

I would wear dungarees everyday if I could (and if I had enough pairs).  Dungarees (or overalls for our US friends) can be paired with anything at all - trainers, heels, wedges, Dr Martens.  They can be comfy or more tailored so no excuses if you're more office bound.  They can be worn loose, baggy, slim leg or super skinny and they suit all shapes be they tall or short, skinny or hippy.   

A lot of friends tell me they are scared of the dungaree but I insist they should give them a go and they usually don't look back once they've tried.  It's just finding what suits you.  Perfect for every season too - paired with a faux fur in winter, a skinny knit in spring or a strappy top in summer.  Make this fashion choice a winner for 2018 and see how I've worked 5 different looks below.


1.  HIPPIE CHIC / BOHO


First we celebrate the all import boho type flared dungaree.  Work these with a skinny rib knit or an oversized blouson shirt in floral print.  Finish off with a pair of platform sandals and a 70s style Mongolian faux fur and you're good to go ...........  The outfit above is courtesy of Stoned Immaculate but unfortunately their Summertime Blues Overalls are an old style and sadly no more.

Get the look ...........
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT
Michael Kors Eleni Platforms via The Outnet £71
Religion Maxi Coat in Mongolian Faux Fur via ASOS £120 (was £150)

2.  VINTAGE

Channel your inner Alexa (Chung) or Olivia (Palermo) by working a pair of twill black dungarees with a vintage style top - with a ruffle detail, bow or a pie crust collar.  Perfectly finished off with a pair of classic black Converse or some statement heels.

Get the look ...........
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT


3.  SKATER GIRL

You can't get more Skater Girl than Tommy Hilfiger (above) although this look isn't confined to denim.  Some of my favourites dungaree styles have been of the softer cotton variety.  The low slung slouchy numbers below are from BDG which would look good with many a combination but I've chosen one perfect for the school run, a scoot round the shops or a lazy Sunday.  At my age I'm now over cropped tops but a ringer tee has the same cool effect.  Don't leave these ones just to the youngsters!!  Adding trainers from my new find, Ishikawa.  

Get the look .......


CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT

4.  TAILORED

This is how Margaret Howell sent her dungarees down the catwalk making it clear that they're not just purely a look for the street.  They can work perfectly in an office environment with a tailored blazer.  My choice below is a deliberate black and red combo but I think it would look just as good with a lighter jacket.

Get the look .......

CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT

5.  TOTAL COLOUR SPLASH

Picture above is Jeremy Scott's dungaree offering from last year.  My new favourite brand is Lucy and Yak with their comfy style clothing not least their corduroy dungarees in maroon, moss green and petrol blue.  I've chosen the red for my look below as they go great with a bright Breton style top and I've 'girlied' this up a bit as I had to get these fab Zara earrings into this blog somehow!!

Get the look .......
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT

....... and to finish up, I just thought I'd share these absolute bargains from Tu @ Sainsbury's with you.  One to chuck in your basket (online or IRL) when you're doing your grocery shop!!!




Comments

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Swimwear Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts