SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE

The song lyrics - 'I'm so excited and I just can't hide it' - sum up my mood as I've come across no end of lurex and metallic thread loveliness during my research for this latest blog post......... a lot stems from Maison Scotch's stripes of last season and what Twinset has to offer this Spring.

My fascination with lurex may have started as a young dancer when I donned a full length yellow lurex catsuit for a dance competition when I was about 12.  Sadly I look back at that picture as my older self and wince and thank god there was no social media in those days.  

As a 45 year old, I can now blame my present day lurex fascination on Gucci socks as I lust after their Interlocking G ones and I'm sure you can see why (although some may definitely not see the appeal).......

Lurex doesn't have to mean all out disco.  It can be added to daily styles and float nicely under the radar with just a hint of sheen and sparkle (on a cuff, on a sock or a belt) or it can be full on glamour.  The choice is yours ....





Tops, tops and more tops ......


Shimmery Top With Trims
Zara £17.99


Striped Knit Top
Mango £35.99

Metallic Striped Sweater (as seen on my Insta post)
Mango £39.99

Metallic Striped Cropped Tee
Forever 21 £9.99 (was £14)

Striped Metallic Lurex Jumper
Anthropologie £109.95 (was £155)

Shimmery Thread Sweater
Zara £29.99

Striped Glittery Sweater
Uterqe £62.30 (was £89)


Other capital cities available but I had to stay true to my roots .......


Colour Block Sweater (in two colourways)
& Other Stories £49

Sisu Colourblock Striped Jumper
Stitches & Stripes via Anthropologie £40.95 (was £138)

Metallic Finish Sweater
Mango £35.99

Crewneck Top
& Other Stories £35

Lurex Knit Top
Twinset £118.68


Tania Lurex Sweater
Weekday £35

Metallic Stripe Knit Top
Forever 21 £14.99 (was £22)

Jumper with Striped Lurex Hems
Hullhuber £69

Skirts, Dresses, Pants, Jumpsuits ......

Metallic Pleated Dress
Mango £59.99

Blue Lurex A Line Long Dress
Styloose £87 (was £175)

Ottod'Ame Metallic Striped Maxi Knit Skirt
Anthropologie £169

Limited Edition Shimmery Dress
Zara £49.99


Ribbed Lurex Legging
Maison Scotch £34.99



I may have to make a purchase - these would look equally good under a maxi dress
Wild Thing Legging
Free People £29.95 (was £48)

Days of Disco .......
Lurex Sweater Flare
Free People £59.95 (was £108)

Love this SO much and could only find it here on this Italian site......
Circus Hotel Lurex Jumpsuit
Cummia Euro 207


Shoes & Accessories ......
Total YSL dupe .........👍👍👍 
More glitter than lurex maybe (although hard to tell) but these are a total bargain lovers dream

Striped Lurex Belt
Urban Outfitters £14

Lurex Scarf
Twinset £71.38

Fishnet Lurex Socks
Monki £8.99

Liza Sparkle Ankle Sock
Happy Socks £13.95

Two Toned Silk Socks
& Other Stories £11

Lurex Rib Socks
& Other Stories £8

Clarissa Lurex Swirl Socks
PS by Paul Smith via Coggles £17


Heading up the price scale ........

Serge Sparkle Jumper
Bella Freud £295

Striped Wool Blend Sweater
Diane Von Furstenberg via Matches Fashion £285

Striped Stretch Knit Pencil Skirt
Diane Von Furstenberg via Matches Fashion £319

Multicoloured Stripe Lurex Knit Pleated Skirt
WTR London £320



Skirt of dreams ......



Plisse Lurex Midi Skirt
Gucci via Net-A-Porter £1,220 😱😱


You can't have lurex without a bit of fun ........ !!

Comments

Popular Posts