DOFF YOUR CAP TO SUMMER SUN


So with Summer well on it's way we all know that a sun hat is an essential.  Some people though tell me they hate hats, or hats don't suit them.  I say just bung it on and don't be scared, you'll find one that suits you just fine.  

I love a straw hat and have had many until they fray and start looking like the scraps from a wayward hay bale.  You can pick up some pretty reasonable ones out there too so why not buy a couple this season.  The great thing is is that hair doesn't have to be styled or tousled, but can be easily hidden under a hat and I would concur that straw hats are perfectly acceptable attire to wear inside (OK, maybe not in your posher joints) and definitely outside a bar or restaurant.  So get hunting as it looks like you're going to need one ...........

This is me in one I picked up on our West Coast road trip on our stop off in Vegas.  God, I really have never experienced heat like it......... don't know what I did with the one I went away with as I never venture on my holidays without my trusty headgear - can only think it was lost along the way or left in the RV.  Anyway, I headed straight to the first hat stall and bought this.  Been firmly attached to my head ever since, as soon as there's even a mere mention of sunshine.....




BEACHCOMBER / FRAYED



WIDE BRIMMED & FLOPPY





VISOR STYLE



BOATERS


Free People never fails to impress and I think these two boaters are just gorgeous!!

FEDORAS / TRILBYS / CLOCHE HATS
I think I've just found my new favourite brand of headwear called Brixton - check out their fabulously named Stout Pork Pie over on their site - not a sun hat so couldn't feature on this post but me needs to get one .........

What a beauty - this one is made to order but looks like it'd be worth the wait



Anything that you can shove in a case and it still comes out holding its shape gets a 'yes' from me 
Rancher Packable Fedora Hat

Very elegant and on trend with the leopard print 
Turn Up Brim Leo Scarf Hat


Rose Gold Trilby 
Next £14



There's a lotta love for the pom pom at the moment so my post wouldn't be complete without  featuring a couple of hats carrying them .........




COWBOY

Nice straw Cowboy hats were pretty thin on the ground but I did find this from Aspiga in two colourways......



and who says you can't wear a summer straw beret ........



This one will definitely get you noticed on the beach ......


Comments

  1. I love a hat! ������ Thanks for the inspiration ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts