SHOULDER TO SHOULDER



Bardot, boat neck, off the shoulder, bateaux, peasant top - call them what you like but they're EVERYWHERE this summer.  Love them or loathe them, thanks to the Meghan effect (of course there was her wedding dress and only yesterday she wore an off the shoulder number to Trooping The Colour), there will be no let up in this fashion trend any time soon and I can see them being worked into winter wardrobes too.

I don't think there's an age you shouldn't wear these but just be careful to choose what suits your upper torso shape.  For example, if you're very broad in the shoulder department, I wouldn't wear a top that sits too far down on the shoulder and would also break it up with a long statement necklace.  If you're very slight of shoulder, go for a top with more detail to bring attention to the shoulders.  Personally I'd stay away from a cropped bardot - think I'll leave that to the much younger contingent.  Again, personal choice but you'll know what suits you when you try.  Even though there is a lot out there it has been more a case of separating the wheat from the chafe - this has been a bit of a challenging post avoiding the many items that fall so far from the shoulders they just look like you want to pull them back up and also sifting through and finding items with a classier edge ...........

If you want a one-stop bardot shop, Zara may be your best bet as they had loads of variety on their website (as you can see below).

I'm not gonna lie - I am a lady of a certain age although that doesn't usually put me off wearing what I like.  I think in this instance though I would be looking for something a little different to what the teens would be looking at.  I won't be wearing the cropped versions but my shoulders I'm quite proud of so not scared of baring them within reason!!

One golden rule though ladies - a good strapless bra is a must!!!  

Please click on links to take you straight to buy .....


DRESSES


Zara £29.99



Anta Dress
Plumo £79 (was £169)

Off The Shoulder Dress
H&M £24.99

When life gives you lemons ....... a good D&G dupe!!
Bardot Jumpsuit by Glamorous
Top Shop £35

Rumi Jumper
Free People £140


Hollie Beach Playsuit (Ecru)
Jack Wills £69.95


TOPS, TOPS AND MORE TOPS



Zara £25.99


I think for me this is a bit too bardot - but with the trousers this makes a big Wow!! outfit
Striped Linen Blend Top
Mango £29.99

Striped Ruffle Bardot Top
Top Shop £15 (was £22)

Lovely burnt orange and blue colour, and a bargain!!
H&M £8.99

For those who don't mind a bit of mid-riff action and you get top and skirt as a set
From my favourite Ozzy brand
Cloud Dancer Co-Ord
Spell & The Gypsy via Free People £89.95 (was £228)

Rainbow Stripe Fine Knit Bardot Top
New Look £15.99



SPECIFICALLY WHITE TOPS

White tops give a bit of an ethereal feel to the whole bardot look so I thought I'd give them their whole own section ........

Off The Shoulder Poplin Top
Zara £25.99

Off The Shoulder Top With Belt
Zara £25.99

Off The Shoulder Textured Weave Blouse
Zara £25.99

Very cool and understated this one with big blousy sleeves ........
Blouse
H&M £24.99

A little bit on the pricier side ........

Moka Sweater
Claudie Pierlot £101.50 (was £145) 

I know it's pricey but this one takes top spot for me, being so flouncy and all ........
Silk Lotus Flower Top
The Kooples £175



Lula Off The Shoulder Dress
Mara Hoffman via Net-A-Porter £265

Santorini Cotton Dress
Anna Kosturova via My Theresa £350


Slightly veering off the fashion path, my top tip for keeping shoulders in tip top baring condition is Seven Wonders Miracle Oil.  Having slightly drier than normal skin I have found this to be the best and my go to after sun, after bath, or after anything.  You can use in your hair, on your skin, your nails, in the bath - I haven't found anything better.  You can get this in the UK but I buy from the US (over 50% cheaper) via a website called www.luckyvitamin.com - much cheaper per bottle and cheap shipping costs













Comments

Popular Posts