CHUNK OF FUNK


I know, I know, Balenciaga's big fat stonking trainers have been out there for a while.  But surfing through the new season ranges across the fashion web, I've seen that these trainer types are featuring in new collections almost everywhere so thought I would do a blog on them as they seem to be sticking around, even though some might say a little late.....

Being small of stature anything that gives me a bit of help in the height department is definitely worth taking a look and as I'm a girl who won't be found in heels during the daytime (or very rarely at night time come to think of it) the Fugly* / Dad* / chunky* / platform* trainers (delete as appropriate) have definitely caught my eye. But the question is, what to choose??

I started off with a bling pair from my new discovery, Ego........... very lovely but will they be a flash in the pan??  They look great on and definitely a conversation starter but as nice as they are, there's a risk they may well linger with all their bling and sequins in the shoe pile after a couple of wears.  I'm not a fan of the all white chunky trainer and I believe that there has to be some contrasting colour to break up the mass of neoprene and rubber - my rule is the more colourful the better.  

These trainers look best with a maxi skirt (asymmetric??) or try a denim pencil.   I have my favourite cropped red velvet trousers and they work great with them.  Something that shows a hint of ankle. Try pairing them with some fishnet socks for added sass .......

So if Balenciaga is way off your radar, then keep scrolling through as there's a whole load of choice at the other end of the spectrum .......



Can't get much more fun than these - Starting off with the ones I bought from Ego and which feature on my Insta post. Still undecided but they are in the sale so may be worth me taking another look.  Plus get 20% off everything with code TREAT20 (until 11.59pm 31/8/18) ................



Zara always has quite a few options when it comes to the platform shoe and they've diversified into the sneaker/trainer area for the past few seasons ............



Zara £49.99

Fashion Sneakers
Zara £49.99

Leopard Print Flatform Sneakers
Zara £39.99

These ones from SixtySeven are simple and perfect if you don't want to be bombarded by colour........

SixtySeven Flatform Trainer
via ASOS £85

Bronx Baisley Chunky Trainers
Urban Outfitters £120

Blue Contrast Sole Colour Block Chunky Trainers
Misguided £28 (were £40)

Yellow Contrast Sole Colour Block Chunky Trainers
Misguided £40

Elijah Chunky Trainer
Ego £19.99 (were £34.99)

Dare Chunky Trainer
ASOS Design £38

Public Desire Cheetah Chunky Trainers
via ASOS £29.99
or in the pink .........


or green (my favourite of the three Fornarina's).  Choices, choices .........


Bumpy Sneaker
Umbro £105

Fila Disruptor in Gold
Schuh £80

via Zalando £104.99

Addict Trainers
Ash Footwear £225

Loving these as I can't get enough of green at the moment.......

Forena Spirit Chunky Trainer
Foot Asylum £59.99

Oki Kutsu Momo Trainers
Office £74.99

and i'm coveting these Sandro lovelies what with Xmas and a birthday fast approaching ..........   in either colour Jez, if you're looking.........


Comments

Popular Posts