I'M GOING ON A BEAR HUNT!!


OK, so we're not yet out of the Indian Summer we were promised and the sun hasn't begun to dim (although as I write this it's just started to rain) but blink and we'll soon be needing those extra layers so around about now is a good time to start hunting.

Each winter I long to find that perfect Teddy coat (or Borg, Faux Fur, Shearling as they're sometimes called).  I had hankered after a Top Shop one last season and tried it on in Oxford Street while it was in the sale.  Thought I'd wait and get home to order rather than carry it around on my night out, but BIG MISTAKE as they were out of stock online I later discovered.......  Also loved the brown H&M one they had out a couple of years ago, but again sold out before I pressed the checkout button.

Now you may already be very familiar with the Daddy of all Teddy's - the Maxmara Teddy Bear Icon - seen on various celebrities but coming in at an eye watering £1,780!!!


Then a few seasons ago we had the Saks Potts Febbe coat, very cleverly 'reinvented' last winter at a lower price point by Mango ......... 

Saks Potts Vs Mango

This year, watch out for the Insta friendly faux fur coat from H&M - I've seen it being posted all over the 'gram' via the changing room so it's in the stores (larger stores it seems) but it's still not on the website.  Here's a little teaser for your delectation but catch one if you can as I have a feeling they may sell out before even making it on to the worldwide web .......


H&M Faux Fur Coat

I'm always a little late to a party, so thought I'd look prematurely this year for a teddy and guess what, there's already swathes of furry finds out there, newly released.  No harm in getting in early, so here's my pick ......... (some are called teddy, some faux fur but basically the same thing)..........


Starting off with the neutrals and browns and the longer length Teddys ............







Absolutely in LOVE with this one.  The green seals the deal for me!!!!!
Arlo Coat

And then there's the bomber style teddys ...........







Free People have mixed theirs up with a touch of denim

and where it all began......... 

Ducie produced the ultimate Teddy coat when I first started 'going on a bear hunt' - pretty pricey though coming in at £325.  Some may say not too high a price for a decent piece of outerwear but I think a Teddy probably wouldn't be your main winter coat purely from a waterproof point of view ....... this one would definitely keep the chill (if not the rain) off though but it would be a hard choice between the brown and the red ......

Comments

Popular Posts