DUVET DAYS


As with my teddy coat blog, I can't believe I'm yet again writing this post, now in October, in 23 degree heat.  I for one am not complaining, however and it hasn't stopped me finishing my latest post on the good old puffer jacket.

Remember this unseasonably beautiful weather as before long we are going to be wrapping ourselves up for the next 4-6 months with many layers (if the A/W catwalks were anything to go by) and padded protective coats.

Depending on what style you buy, the puffer comes in many guises.  It can be sporty or classic, with or without furry collars, longline or bomber, street wear or city chic.  The shorter styles are great for the transition into autumn as they are light enough not to bring on a sweat in slightly milder temperatures.  The sportier colour blocks look great teamed with a vinyl pant or side stripe bottoms.  The metallics work brilliantly as silver got a big thumbs up from the fashion industry for this season.  Longer line puffers??? Well they're going to keep you super warm in those winter months.

Weekday's Wheel Jacket is one of my favourites and I love the high collars on the Pull & Bear offerings.  I've seen many in different textures - velvet, corduroy, high shine - and the 80's style Kappa number has got me reminiscing back to the times of Farah trousers and Sergio Tacchini trackies.  

Can I please though start off with this stand out piece.  From Kings of Indigo it's a puffer made out of 100% recycled plastic bottles and padded with Primaloft Eco gold which is a premium insulation made from recycled PET – an alternative to traditional down feathersYou cannot get more sustainable than that.  I was going to keep this one for my next post on sustainable and ethical fashion but I couldn't not show it - it had to take top billing .........


EASY WEAR NEUTRALS

Quilted Jacket with Hood
H&M £29.99

Corduroy doesn't just stop at blazers and trousers - it works as a puffer too
Chunky Corduroy Puffer Jacket
Top Shop £59

Wheel Jacket
Weekday £70

This one takes me back........
Banda Khaki Puffer Jacket
Kappa via Urban Outfitters £130
COLOUR SPLASH & PRINTS

Puffer Jacket in Dark Camel
Stradivarius £25.99

Puffer Jacket with Hood
Bershka £25.99


Loving the high collar on this one and a bigger bonus is that it comes in 7 different colours.  Here it is in my favourites, the yellow and the green......
Quilted Jacket with High Neck
Pull & Bear £29.99

Rainbow Puffer Jacket
Glamorous via Top Shop £56

Bright Check Puffa Jacket
Top Shop £59

Colour and velvet all rolled into one
Mojo Plush Puffer Jacket
Naked Youth £70

Here's one in the this season's finest - the leopard look
Leopard Print Puffer
Top Shop £70

Rainbow Puffer Jacket
Minga London £125


COLOUR BLOCK

Heidi Ski Puffer
Free People £118

Short Puffer Coat
Levis £120

Sam Blue Puffer Jacket
Levis via Urban Outfitters £120

Padded Colour Block
Champion via ASOS £145

Simone Bomber Jacket
Baum Und Pferdgarten £249

Bicolour Down Jacket
Maje £370
METALLIC / HIGH SHINE

Gold Puffer Jacket
Monki £20 (was £50)

JDY Metallic Padded Jacket
ASOS £38

High Shine Padded Jacket
Noisy May via ASOS £54

Vinyl Effect Puffer Jacket
Zara £69.99

Estate Puffer Jacket
Weekday £70

Levi's Sam Foil Puffer Jacket
via Urban Outfitters £120

Metallic Puffer Jacket
& Other Stories £125

LONGLINE

With removable arms you get a coat and bodywarmer in one!!!
Sleeping CM Puffer Coat
Cheap Monday £120

Thermo Puffer Coat
Cheap Monday £130

I think I would look like a walking bedspread in this one but I love it, especially teamed here with Weekday's Singu quilted skirt
Lingtren Parka
Weekday £135

Baum's coat is perfectly styled here proving that a puffer can work as a chic addition
Siri Oversized Coat
Baum Und Pferdgarten £319



Comments

Popular Posts