THE BOILER HOUSE RULES


So, how do you distinguish between the two suits - the boiler and the jump??  Well, in the words of Wikipedia: 

'boilersuit is a loose fitting garment covering the whole body except for the head, hands and feet.......... For tighter and more fashionable suits, see Jumpsuit'.  

So there you have it.

I agree that the boilersuit (confusingly sometimes referred to as a jumpsuit or in the US, the overall) has a much more utilitarian look stemming from the original protective type workwear than the jumpsuit.  It also 
tends to be more baggy all round than its slimmer silhouetted cousin.  So, that's what I've gone for in my selection - the boilersuit according to Mamma See.  A jumpsuit post I will do in the near future.  Hmmmmm, maybe a Xmas selection??

Most people say to me that they'd never attempt a boilersuit and I say 'Hell No' you need to change that way of thinking.  
Boilersuits are the best thing since sliced Warburton's and I truly believe once you've tried one and realise the comfort levels it affords, you won't be looking back. They no longer make you look like you're going for a hard day's graft on a JCB (although vintage ones are around if that look takes your fancy).

My favourite boilersuit I own is a green one I bought from Top Shop many moons ago.  Utility in style, I had the legs taken up so it worked well with boots long or high.  I remember busting some very drunken Running Man moves on the dance floor a few years ago at a New Years Eve party in this number complete with my second hand beige vinyl Miu Miu knee high boots.  I think it was probably a sight to behold (maybe not in a good way.....).  I've recreated the look just for my readers, so you decide ..............



I've worn this with heels, trainers, wellies (looks fab with a pair of Ilse Jacobsen rain boots), hi tops and my navy Doc Martens.  Never with an Ugg though - there is a thing as too much slouch.  

I was really annoyed to miss out on the ASOS pink boiler that I had in my wishlist for ages then saw it on repeat all over Instagram and it was sold out by the time I got around to buying.  Ganni do one very similar but at a much higher price point annoyingly.  I still have a hunt on Ebay or Depop in the hope someone's got bored of it already.

I also lusted after a Kate Sheridan navy cord boilersuit.  Waited longingly for it to drop in a sale (Young British Designers stock her) but my size was sadly sold out by the time it was reduced.  Happily though New Look have brought out their own version below (comes in rust too) ......


Boilersuits are going to be an upcoming trend, although they've never been out of favour with me.  Here's my round up of my favourites (LF Markey taking up a lot of space on this one ........)


SUSTAINABLE/ETHICAL


100% organic cotton, ethically made and in 6 delectable shades.  Check out the Frankie!!

CONTRAST STITCH

Top Shop £65

If you haven't heard of LF Markey, this is the time to get hearing.  
Stocked on its website or can be found at Urban Outfitters
Classic Boilersuit
LF Markey £98

Felix Boilersuit
LF Markey £190

Jumpsuit with contrasting topstitching
Zara £49.99


Utility version in black and rust
CORDUROY

COLOUR POP




GOOD OLD NAVY

Love the ankle cuffs on this one


one for the party season ......

Great alternative outfit for those Xmas parties teamed with a strappy heel and some glitter socks

and one for nostalgia purposes ........

Love this one ..... not unlike something your Mum used to dress you in for Winter before putting you in your pram.  Nothing wrong with feeling 6 months old again....

Comments

  1. Your current discourse offer is usually somewhat magnificent together with your standing is actually magnificent. You food some sort of really propitious information that may be somewhat ideal for some sort of numerous associated with wiring in the same way that contrive in addition suggestions pertaining to numerous details. Sunder discourse. Showing courtesy pertaining to expressing. high tide swimsuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. A debt of gratitude is in order for share your significant data keep update your Blogs. I do Makeup instructional exercises and item surveys on my site and channel. on the off chance that you need any cosmetics or style tips visit us and I will give you the best proposal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts