COATS FOR KEEPS


I know some of you will baulk at this post and wonder why this mad woman is trying to tempt you with 3 figure coats a week or so after Christmas.  But, before you choke on your Dry January fizzy water spritzer, bear with and read on.  Yes, its a slight pain that most of the best sale bargains materialise AFTER Christmas but some of these may save you money in the long run if you heed my words.

I have the most amazing Lanvin runway coat that I bought second hand on Vestiaire Collective for £100 last Christmas.  Do I have space in my heart for another brown coat??  Oh yes I do, but the second hand Max Mara cashmere I often mention and still lovingly scour the internet for weekly (it evades my grasp every week sadly) still holds that special place, so as much as I adore the Kooples one below (and it's annoyingly at a great sale price), I can't even consider being unfaithful and replace what my heart desires until my search has proved fruitful .........

I also have this coat I bought for £25 in a charity shop when I was pregnant 16 years ago on a holiday in Bath.  I've never loved anything more (OK, not including my own children!!!) and won't part for it for any money.  It's belted, it's red, it swings - what more can one wish for.  



Coats should be an investment and what better time to invest than in the Winter sales where you're more likely to snap up a quality coat (quite possibly from a high end brand if you're quick and lucky) that'll last you a lifetime at, quite possibly, a high street price.  

With the above in mind I've sourced some big ticket items (up to £350) that have been slashed in the price stakes. Think about how much you spend on a coat each year.  Then consider buying that one beautiful coat that you fall in love with and step away from those that'll only last a season before the next 'insta coat' takes over.  As we are all nearing 'peak stuff', paying a little more this year on a stand out piece may stop future yearly whimsical purchases!!  (Click on links to buy).


THE LONG LINE CLASSICS


Whistles £285 (was £399)


Had to make sure the back view got shown here




Just loving this funnel neck coat.  Looking great over jeans!!!


Cuffs add a nice bit of detail to an otherwise very classic coat

This is a plain coat, not sure where 'check' comes into it.  Great bargain all the same!


THE CHECKS

If you buy this, please make sure there's one left for me.  
Been after this for ages but keeping my fingers crossed it's reduced further before the Winter's out







SHORTER LENGTH

Military style always a winner in my eyes
Milesim Coat

Nice detail is the lower hemline to the back
Oversized Wool Blend Coat

Not for use near kids, pets or hot chocolate!!!!

Also available in black



Still remains one of my favourite winter coats this season.  
I think it's the forest green colour that does it
Arlo Coat
Plumo £195 (was £239)

If the detachable matching mittens don't do it for you, nothing will
Rainbow Coat
Paper London £297.50 (was £595)

THE DOWNRIGHT KOOKY 
(ALL OF WHICH I LOVE!!)






Comments

  1. I'm undeniably capitalizing on your site. You surely have some remarkable agreement and staggering stories.
    long coats for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I tell which one is the best product among those mentioned on the list here?
    vegan leather shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Where can you buy gymnastics leotards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts