OOOH LA LA!!



I need to be dragged away from my trainers.  They're like tomato ketchup is to others - have to have them with everything.  Maxi skirts and dresses, jeans, tailored trousers, jumpsuits - whatever the fashion weather, my hi tops, vegan trainers or running Nikes will be making an appearance.

However, I have been rather taken with the fashion on the BBC adaptation of Les Miserables on a Sunday night.  Set in early 19th century France, all empire line dresses and capped sleeves and I'm guessing (haven't been able to catch a glimpse) laced up ankle boots.

(
(Picture courtesy of BBC)

Now I'm very much liking the look.  OK, so it's been a bit glum these past two episodes but there's definitely something in the fashion of that era.  Which got me thinking - I am not a girl to be seen in a heel when there's any hint of light in the day but maybe I could be swayed by a lace up ankle boot with heel??


(Chloe Harper boot.  Picture courtesy of Pinterest)

So it got me looking on the internet.  Heel or no heel, the lace up boot is having a moment (personally, I think I'll go with a block heel).  My favourite way to wear would be with a maxi and a biker or a cropped raw hem jean or corduroy trouser paired with a nice top and blazer (rather than a sweatshirt).  This was the week that saw a lot of blogs on the ankle boot so it's definitely a popular one and a look that will remain until the sandals take over!!

Starting with, as I always will wherever possible, a sustainable/ethical option........




Ethical footwear, animal free

Definite French influence with these ones
Lace Up Boots

LOVING these Office ones and with an extra 20% in the sale, what's not to love?  
Also come in black, white, cream and blue suede 




ASOS £29.99

Lace Up Suede Boots
& Other Stories £129

OK, so a little too high for me (especially in daylight hours), 
but these have a whiff of the Chloe Harper boot about them
Elicia Lace Up Heeled Boots
ASOS Design £38

Go off grid with a pair in red!!!
Corley Lace Up Ankle Boot
Ego £22.49 (was £44.99)

High Alicia Boots
Sezane £115 (was £175)

Flat Lace Up Ankle Boots
Uterque £99.90 (was £150)
Maxine Ankle Boot
LK Bennett £239 (was £350)


'By Far' the best but pricey

 
In my opinion By Far are hard to beat at the moment and offer beautiful boots and shoes, but be prepared to pay a price!!  Office offer the closest resembling boot to these (see above)
Becca Black Leather Boot
By Far £415.31

Same version but in a gorgeous brown suede
Becca Brown Suede Boot
By Far £415.31




That's all for this post.  I've pressed the 'publish' button, now off to see some local jazz so I'm relying on my trusty Sky box to record Les Mis tonight.  Definitely recommend watching!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts