MAKE A STATEMENT!

When I was at school I'd wear tights all year round.  As many know and can sympathise with, dark skin tends to mark and I always had nicks and scarring on my legs and being the usual teen, would be highly self conscious of something the general public probably wouldn't even blink at, so would wear thick tights in the hottest of weather.  Now as an adult, I couldn't care less and I know that getting my legs out in the sun does wonders so no tights cross my threshold come March.  

However, if I was handed a pair of Saks Potts Slalom tights on a plate, these may have to be wrenched from my very being, whatever the weather. Saks Potts brought out THE legwear of Autumn/Winter with their take on the uber cool logo tights.  The downside to most of us is that they came in at a tad over £60 a pair.  Now, if like me you're not known for keeping your tights in tip top, non-laddered condition for more than one wear, £60 is one massive splurge you may not be tempted by. 




I have looked and there's no way these are going on sale any time soon, and to be honest, you'll be lucky getting your hands on a pair any time soon even at the RRP as they were a total sell out.  Balenciaga, Gucci and Fendi also brought out their own versions (see below) at an even more eye watering price point of £125, £85 and £170 per pair respectively!!!  Not to be outdone, Chanel and Louis Vuitton also have their own versions.



(Clockwise from left: Balenciaga, Gucci, Fendi)

Not one to shy away from a challenge, and with true winter fast approaching, if any of us have a hope of still wearing those maxi skirts and dresses throughout the next two months, we're gonna need leg coverage. And if we need the coverage, why not make it as sassy as hell!!  Pair any of these with a strappy heel (OK so maybe for a night out rather than in foot deep snow) and you're good to go with the latest trend.  Here's what I found snapping at Saks Potts' ankles in the coolness stakes and far more price friendly.

Let me start with a pair from the first ever sustainable hosiery brand.  Anything using sustainable by products certainly gets my vote ........


LOGOS

Very much considering these.  Not sure why the high street haven't done their own version of the logo tight - maybe they're in the pipeline as I think they'd be a winner
Wolford Logo Tights

Logo Tights
Wolford £10.50 (were £35)

STRIPES





These come in 3 colourways


ALL OVER PATTERN

House of Holland has this one sewn up .......





Zigzag Net Tights
House of Holland via Tights Tights Tights £14

Quite similar to the Gucci pattern
Oroblu Hub Tights via Luxury Legs £11.90 (was £17)

GOOD OLD ANIMAL PRINT




NONE OF THE ABOVE






These are fabulous and I've already bought a pair!!

ONE I FOUND EARLIER

Found this quirky company Trendy Legs - based in the USA but they do ship to the UK.  Here's just a few examples but take a look as there are more wonderful designs to be had ..........





AND A PLAY ON WORDS


Wangover Intarsia Tights
Alexander Wang via The Outnet £57 (was £115)


FENDI FINALE

It's only the price tag that makes me resist these!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts