PUSSY 'BOW' GALORE

You can't seem to move at the minute without bumping into a statement blouse on the high street.  If one trend's a dead cert it's a billowing flouncy shirt and one I can't keep my eyes off includes a pussy bow.  The bigger the better in my opinion (see my all over telephone print on I'm wearing on my Insta post for confirmation).  Not for me the little shoestring type bow but something less discreet.  If I could find one with a balloon sleeve too then that would be my ideal.


Pictures Courtesy of Pinterest

Pussy bows are fabulous - I'm not a big shirt wearer but a peep of a bow outside a dungaree or poking out of a denim jacket or this season's boilersuit even, has got my vote.

This trend has transcended down from high end designer (thanks Gucci - as seen on Kate Middleton) to the high street with ease (Zara has some great ones) which made my job harder to sift the wheat from the chafe. 

Big trend too at the moment is the ath-leisure track pants.  Always looking for ways to combine smart with street, I'd love to see more pussy bows teamed with a pared down bottom half and of course, a trainer!!!!

Firstly I'm starting with some vintage ones (my sustainable addition) I found as I think the vintage years knew how to do 'pussy bow' to a tee.  Having found so many I think I could've done a post purely on vintage finds.  The rest, well there's no rhyme or reason to my choices or clever thinking, just there because I'd happily wear any of them!! .........


VINTAGE FINDS


Love the sleeves with tight cuffs.  Perfectly styled with jeans

Folk inspired but not without the obligatory ruffs

This is classic 1980s with a defined shoulder




You may think this is a ridiculous price but for amazing vintage a price usually has to be paid.  This top is everything and I would pay a good price for a trophy like this.  If they threw in the vintage Miu Miu pants for the price I'd be in heaven ......


MODERN DAY FINDS


from the high street ....


Zara had 3 stand out blouses for me.  This and the 2 below
Animal Print Blouse with Bow


Zara £39.99

This would look incredible teamed with a bright pink pleat skirt or animal print
Satin Blouse with Tied Bow Detail
Zara £29.99

Perfect for the double denim look of the moment.  
Some cropped frayed flares maybe??


Spring is here - perfect time for a short sleeve version.  If still too nippy for bare arms, stick under a pretty skin tight base layer with or without a rollneck.  Free People always a good bet for basics

This also comes in white but I love this soft blue colour
Tie Collar Blouse




not forgetting those in animal print .........





and these others that caught my eye online ......

My telephone print blouse is from Sister Jane.  
They always have some amazing statement pieces and always original with a side order of fun
Azores High Blouse

The shoulder pads (very now!!) and timeless cut does it for me
Pussy Bow Stretch Jersey Blouse

This is a beauty and inspired this blog post with its Victoriana feel. 
Frilled Shirt




Tabitha Webb does an amazing array of bow blouses.  This has to be my favourite 
Pansy Pussy Bow in ZigZag

Comments

Popular Posts