CHECKING OUT - FOUR WAYS WITH GINGHAM


Photos courtesy of Pinterest

Nothing signifies the start of summer quite like gingham.  Something about these little checks brings about the need for ice creams, Aperol Spritzs and toe dipping in the sea.  

We don't see a lot of gingham in the Autumn and Winter - in the colder season these pretty squares are quite often replaced by Prince of Wales check and herringbone. Their warmer hues are suited more to the bleaker seasons whereas gingham has a lighter feel all round.

I've tried to gauge people's reaction to gingham what with the weather beginning to heat up but some just aren't buying into it.  So I thought it perfect timing for a little blog post showing gingham in a different light.  A more grown up version shall we say???  So here's my 'four ways to wear' post.  I will do my darndest to convert the unconvertable.  

I've used sustainable within this post as I always try to do, but some of these brands are new discoveries and well worth checking out.  It's getting easier and easier to find sustainable and ethical fashion now and with prices quite often comparable with the high street it's becoming a no brainer.  I've marked sustainable, ethical and slow fashion options with an asterisk.  Enjoy!!


TOP


While this top is on the cropped side, it would look great tucked into this slightly high waisted denim skirt by LF Markey.  Any A line midi/maxi skirt (lots around at the moment) would sit beautifully with a more sculpted upper half.


Clockwise from top left


SUIT

I'm loving this co ord from Zara and in pink too which I've slowly come to love and it's appearing more in my wardrobe.  Too sickly sweet for some?  Then toughen it up with a chunky sandal or trainer and a crossbody, with a softer underlayer in the form of this cute top from H&M.  These & Other Stories sandals in burgundy would combine well with the pink.


Clockwise from top left


SKIRT

Oh yes, I'd wear this outfit on repeat.  This cute tee is borne out of a collaboration with Birdsong and artist Amy Isles Freeman whose work 'explores female sexuality, joy and freedom'.  She created this motif exclusively for Birdsong entitled 'Lady Love'.  


Clockwise from top left

DRESS

Blue and yellow is one of my favourite summer colour combinations.  I've just discovered Justine Tabak - a graduate of the Royal College of Art whose Grandfather was an East End tailor.  Everything is made in the UK using small local manufacturers and I love her approach to the slow fashion movement.  I just adore this dress (it has pockets too!!!).  


Clockwise from top left


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the mention! Loving all these grown up gingham looks. Jxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts